I think it really holds true for Internet marketing.
Don’t say you are an Internet Marketer, or “working online”, or even a “Digital publisher” if all you do is read a couple of forums and buy every $7 WSO that is emailed to you.
Either Pee = Do Something …
Get Off The Pot = Stop pretending and instead spend your time playing video games, or talking to your family (ok that’s a bit radical but it is an idea).
Making some money online isn’t hard really..
- Go sell some stuff on eBay , and after the 16th April they have no listing fees so no sale =no cost,
- Provide a service.. Can you make awesome slide show videos, write about a subject with first hand knowledge, Set up WordPress blindfolded
- Buy things on clearance at local stores and sell them on Amazon
- Find wannabee writers and help them put their books on kindle
- Create products to sell
- Build sites that get ranked and make sales of other peoples products
- Create Facebook pages for local business
- Social marketing for local business
I think I have covered most things I do there – You can find my products listed at http://www.paulstools.com/ - I like the idea of diversifying my income streams. Because some of them will be great before Christmas and some will be good in the run up to the summer.
If you do not have any skills , learn some. If you want to be a mechanic, a nurse, a stone mason or a gardener you have to learn the skills you need. Internet marketing is just the same but most people don’t bother doing it. Buying a course of video marketing isn’t enough. You have to actually break it open, sit down and watch it..Then Put It In Action.
And Stick With It!
A good friend of mine Rob from the UK - is seeing success with his latest system, because he got his head down and did the work. I always know when another friend of mine is working on something big – this time it is called CashHacks - because he is never on Skype. he is heads down and working his new idea. They stop reading forums, they do not buy any new products (not even mine) , they work.
- Don’t try and do everything
- Do one thing at a time and do it until you can do it well (and profitability)
No Shame No Blame
I will admit I was quite glad to get away from full time IM for a year. I went back to work (admittedly doing SEO and Social stuff) and it showed me how lucky we are. There is no shame in realizing that you aren’t going to do anything real, it is a lot of work and a lot of pressure.
I hope you stay around, but if you do then please commit to making it real. Finish that book, start that service, make that product.
As always share your thoughts below please